Medicare Part A covers some hospital services, while Medicare Part B covers some medical services, but doesn't cover all costs. That’s why some people with Medicare choose to add a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan offered by EmblemHealth.
It “supplements” Medicare by covering the bills that are only partially covered by Medicare Parts A and B.
At EmblemHealth, we offer eight Medicare Supplement Insurance plans. You choose the plan with the benefit design that suits your needs. Benefits provided will depend upon the plan you select, and premiums may vary by plan and by region.
All EmblemHealth Medicare Supplement plans cover the following Basic Benefits:
- Hospitalization: EmblemHealth pays Part A coinsurance* plus coverage for 365 additional days in your lifetime after Medicare stops paying.
- Medical expenses: EmblemHealth pays Part B coinsurance* (20 percent of Medicare-approved expenses), Medicare pays 80 percent.
- Blood: First three pints of blood each year.
- Hospice care: EmblemHealth pays Part A coinsurance*
* Coinsurance is the percentage of the Medicare-approved expenses that you pay.
Benefits provided will depend upon the plan you select, and premiums may vary by plan and by region.
Monthly Premium Rates
Each rating region consists of the noted counties. Rates and benefits are subject to change. Please refer to your contract or contact EmblemHealth for additional information, including limitations and exclusions.
We, Group Health Incorporated, an EmblemHealth company (hereafter referred to as “EmblemHealth”), can only raise your premium if we raise the premium for all policies like yours in this geographic region.
EmblemHealth Medicare Supplement Insurance 2020 monthly premium rates (per individual): Download PDF
When Coverage Begins
Once you send in your completed application with the first payment, we will verify your eligibility and send you an identification card, a contract along with the schedule page, which will show you the effective date of your coverage.
2020 Medicare Supplement Brochure
2020 Medicare Supplement Disclosure Statement
Medicare Supplement Application Form