Children Under Age 18
EmblemHealth will not collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18, including their mailing address, telephone number or email address.
The content, design elements, graphics, text, images, video, compilation, marks and all other material in the Game are protected under applicable copyrights, trademark and other proprietary rights and are the property of EmblemHealth or its licensors.
Information published on this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the Game.
Official Rules: Emblem’s Big Apple Adventure Raffle
As a thank you for playing Emblem’s Big Apple Adventure, we’re offering 20 participating teachers the chance to win a set of New York geography books for their classroom! To enter the raffle, play the game with your students and complete this short survey . Each time you play the game, you are eligible to submit an additional entry; however, individual teachers can only win one raffle prize/set of books. Please review the following rules before participating.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the following legal terms and requirements.
- Sponsor: EmblemHealth Services Company LLC (“Sponsor”)
- Timing: The raffle "Raffle" begins on October 1, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) and ends on March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Promotion Period”).
- Eligibility: The Raffle is open only to teachers and teaching assistants actively employed by the New York City Department of Education. Multiple entries are permitted. Participation is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of EmblemHealth, LLC and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. No purchase is necessary to win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase chances of winning.
- How to Enter: Upon completion of the game, complete Sponsor’s short survey on third-party website Survey Monkey.
- Selection: Sponsor will randomly select the potential Raffle winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of total eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor and the United Federation of Teachers. If the potential winner fails to respond within two (2) weeks of the date of notice or attempted notice, they will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. An alternate winner will then be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- Prize: One (1) set of New York geography books per winner. 20 sets of books will be distributed as prizes. Approximate Retail Value: $100 per set. Potential winners are limited to one set per person.
No substitution of a prize will be made and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or comparable value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
- Release: By participating in the Raffle, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, employees or agents (“Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, damage to or loss of property arising out of participation in the Raffle or receipt of the prize.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Raffle, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor is not responsible for, nor is it required to count, incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, unlawful or illicit votes, including those secured through payment, votes achieved through automated means, using another person’s e-mail account and name, as well as those lost for technical reasons or otherwise.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle, (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Raffle; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Raffle or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another provide another entry. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Raffle or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate New York State Court; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law of conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.